Job Title: Manager of Recruiting and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiatives
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Operations
Core to the Legal Innovators mission is to increase diversity, equity, and inclusion in the legal industry. We empower our team to do great work by creating an inclusive culture that values diverse perspectives, fosters collaboration, and encourages innovative ideas. Our goal is to recruit junior attorneys utilizing a more holistic approach, opening new pathways for junior attorneys with an emphasis on women and minorities.
We are expanding our team to include a Manager of Recruiting and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiatives to help grow our strategic partnerships with law schools, student organizations, and industry associations.
The Manager of Recruiting and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiatives will:
- Assist in attorney recruitment including supporting current and engaging new law school partnerships.
- Assist with on-campus and virtual recruitment programs and maintain hiring statistics.
- Work with the Director of Operations, Legal Coordinator and others to review candidate resumes and coordinate interview schedules.
- Assist with maintaining regular communication with all applicants throughout the recruiting process.
- Lead in including developing strategies for sourcing, attracting, hiring and retaining highly talented and diverse lawyers.
- Collaborate in the development of communication and marketing materials, including the careers site, social media, electronic communications, and other types of communications.
- Be a source of market intelligence and trends related to attorney recruitment to ensure recruiting program is innovative and working at full potential.
- Organize training in effective and appropriate recruiting and interviewing skills. Analyze post-season metrics and make improvements.
- Assist to develop and execute diversity recruiting initiatives
- Represent the organization to the external community, organizations, and agencies.
In addition, the successful candidate must be self-motivated, highly organized, and able to multitask and prioritize competing demands.
Collaboration, proactive management of responsibilities, responsiveness, and outstanding commitment to excellence are essential for this position. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; seeking candidates with some recruiting experience in a law firm, corporation, professional services, relevant association or law school environment.
- Skilled program marketing and communications strategist; a dynamic and organized project manager with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet concrete deadlines in a fast-paced environment, have a positive/can-do attitude and be a team player.
- Maintaining positive relationships, both internally and externally, while upholding a client service orientation.
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in dealing with highly confidential information.
- Strong familiarity with standard office technology applications such as Microsoft Office Suite required, with particular emphasis on Outlook, PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel.
How To Apply
Thank you for your interest in Legal Innovators. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click “Apply Now.”
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.